sexta-feira, 26 de março de 2010

4000 Rainy Nights

It's 10 past 6 in the morning and the rain is already coming down hard, just like it was yesterday, the day before yesterday and the 2956 days before it. Seems like it has been always like this, and I do believe, now, that it is gonna be like this forever.

Some folks say this is some sort of punishment and that once the earth is wiped clean of all sin and evil, God will bring the sun back. "Happened once before with Noah and will happen every time it needs to" they say, to what I respond "Bullshit". These people are just trying to fool themselves, searching for confort, something to hold on and give them hope so they won't lose their minds; And, of course, this is a perfect job for God.

On the other hand, I was not able to come up with a better explanation so far. And neither did the scientists. A couple of years ago they offered a one million dollar reward for someone who would explain, with concrete proof, what's going on. Many have tried, and when I say many I mean that almost EVERY scientist in the face of the earth has tried to explain this unstopable rain, with no degree of success whatsoever. Most of them gave up trying, as most people also got tired of waiting for the sun to return and are now just trying to survive.

The world population was reduced by 2/3, the greater share of it due to the "World War III", also known as "Water War". Well, they always said the cause of the third world war would be the water, I guess they were not that wrong, except that it was due to excess of water, not the lack of it.

I'm gonna say no more about the war, doesn't really matter who won and if it was fair, the only thing that matters is that it was horrible, as any other war, and that now the people who survived realised they have to help each other for the sake of hope and the future that awaits for us and for our children. I'm not saying hope alone will save us, because it cannot move mountains or vaporize water, and neither can faith. But we need it, specially for the people who are gonna save us, the ones bright enought to find a solution before everywhere is flooded and we have nowhere else to go.

And, as I wasn't blessed with a bright mind, this is the best I can do.
I can still remember the last day the sun showed up, I have kept it vivid in my mind all this time, using it to warm up my soul once in a while. In fact, it has come recently to my knowledge that a lot of people treasure the memory of their last sunny day and use it not only to warm themselves, but to share this feeling and give other people hope. This gave me the idea of writing down my "last sunshine memory", put it into bottles and throw them away, so I can share it with people that live oceans away, and maybe when they find it they'll read it to their people, add memories of themselves, and throw it away again for other people to find it and so on.

So here it is, my last memory of a sunny day...

Um comentário: